Dark hardwood floors will likely be trendy in 2021. They look modern and dramatic. But the thing is that dirt and scratches are more visible on dark floors, so here are some tips to help you maintain your beautiful dark hardwood.
- Use the right type and brand of the material.
- Choose a low sheen (The shinier the floor, the more light reflects and the more dirt, scratches, dents will show.)
- Never use a broom on hardwood flooring. Brooms can easily scratch your floors. Instead, use a microfiber mop.
- Avoid rolling chairs. If you use rolling chairs, I’d suggest you buy caster cups and put them under the wheels of your chair.
- Use Felt pads. Make sure that you have felt pads underneath all pieces of furniture, especially chairs. These tend to be moved back and forth the most, especially the chairs around the main table you use for dining. If felt pads fall off make sure you check your chairs often and have extras.